Note: If you are looking for texture compression tools, please take a look at our new GPU-Accelerated Texture Tools, which provide a 10x performance boost if you have a GeForce 8 Series GPU.
This installer includes four separate utilities:
- nvDXT - convenient command-line access to nvDXTlib functionality and more
- detach - extracts MIP levels from a .DDS file
- stitch - recombines MIP levels into a single .DDS file
- readDXT - reads compressed images and writes .TGA files
- nvDXTlib - library for working with .DDS files
The latest release includes several improvements:
- Support for Visual Studio 2005 and 2003 libraries
- Texture sizes up to 8k by 4K are now supported (previously 2k x 2k was the limit)
- Support for DXT5_NM (compressed normal maps)
- The "Fastest” quality mode has been significantly improved
- Internal calculations are now performed using floating point arithmetic, resulting in higher quality textures.